Materials: Craft store leaf garland Mod Podge (matte finish) Foam Brush Balloon Scissors Mixing bowl Directions: Begin
- Craft store leaf garland
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- Foam Brush
- Mixing bowl
- Begin by snipping the leaves off the strand of garland. Leave about 1/8″ at the base. Carefully rip the entire plastic stem (and all the veins!) off the faux leave.This will help the leaves mold to the shape of the balloon.
- Fill up balloon to size. Stick inside a mixing bowl to keep it in place.With mod podge in a cup near by, gently apply a thin layer on top of the balloon, starting in the middle and working outwards.
- Lay a leaf on top of the wet mod podge and smooth with fingers or foam brush. Once it’s stuck in place, apply another thin layer of mod podge on top of that leaf. Repeat, covering any empty spaces with smaller leaves.
- About a quarter of the way down the balloon, add one or two leaves to the bottom of the bowl for extra weight and support. Allow to dry at least an hour.
- When the mod podge is dry, carefully pop the balloon with a pin at the tied end, slowly letting the air out. Don’t be alarmed if the leaves shrink down when the balloon deflates, it will return to its original shape after a minute or so. Some of the mod podge will stick to the edges of the leaves, but it can just be picked or cut it off.