What do these eight things have in common? Hair growing lotion Automatic elevator doors Peanut Butter Early version of the gas mask Impro
What do these eight things have in common?
- Hair growing lotion
- Automatic elevator doors
- Peanut Butter
- Early version of the gas mask
- Improved pacemaker
- Super Soaker
- The Wrench
- Famous Amos Cookie
They were all invented by African-American inventors
Listed in order are the inventors of the objects above: Lydia A. Newman, Alexander Miles, George Washington Carver, Garrett Morgan, Otis Boykin, Lonnie G. Johnson, Jack Johnson, Wallace “Wally” Amos Jr.
5 Facts about Jackie Robinson:
- Jack “Jackie” Roosevelt Robinson was given his middle name in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt, who died 25 days before Robinson was born.
- Jackie’s brother Matthew, “Mack”, was a star athlete as well, he won a Silver Medal in the 200 meters behind Jesse Owens during the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany.
- Jackie Robinson played himself in The Jackie Robinson Story, a biographical film released in 1950 about his life.
- Jackie Robinson’s longest batting streak came during his rookie season when he hit safely in 21 consecutive games.
- Robinson hit two grand slam home runs in his career; on June 24, 1948, and two years later on the same date.