How to get smoky eye effect easily:
- Prep your eyelid with a primer or eyeshadow base to keep the eyeshadow from melting into your eyelid crease as the day goes on.
- Apply eyeliner in either black, brown or gray above the upper lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye.
- Blend in colors on the bottom lashes with an eyeliner pencil because they’re easy to smudge. Once you have drawn the line, run your finger over it to smudge the line or with a smudger.
- You can add a little bit of shadow to get full smudge effect, but it’s optional.
- For the smoky effect, blend in a darker eyeshadow color using an eyeshadow brush, starting at your lash line.
- Blend up into the lash line so the eyeliner disappears and stop at the crease.
- FInish with several coats of mascara.
Thing you should NOT do with Smoky Eyes:
- Do not use red or other intense lipstick color with intense smoky eyes; you risk looking trashy.
- Do not overdo mascara.
- Do not skip blending: smoky eye is all about smudged line to get that effect.